Topics: Painting: Interior & Exterior, Gardening, Porch and Deck Repair with Retirement Planning, Credit Scores, RRSP, Tax Credits and Wills
Date: Thursday, March.1st, 2018
Venue: Drouillard Place- Upstairs
Childcare: Will be provided at no cost to you, must pre-register with age and number of children.
Part 1: Painting: Interior & Exterior, Gardening, Porch and Deck Repair
- Choosing the right colour based on room size
- How to guides and resources
- Painting various types of surfaces: Aluminum, Wood, etc.
- Proper Ventilation and health concerns
- When to plant, harvest and weed your garden
- Simple fixes for your porch and deck repair
“Painting a picture for your
retirement with knowledge and tools.”
Part 2: Financial- Retirement Planning, Credit Scores, RRSP, Tax Credits and Wills
- Advice and Guidance for saving for retirement
- Guides and resources to filling out a will and proper documentation
- Knowing your credit score & how to improve
- RRSP’s, RESP, and RSP, what are they?
- Tax Credits- what you can claim, do’s and don’t’s
- Knowledge and tips for various RRSP accounts
All Workshops are Free*
*Workshops are free for Ford City residents but you MUST register. Participants outside the Ford City boundaries will be asked to make a donation of their choice to the project. Boundaries are St. Luke to Henry Ford, Seminole to Riverside.
Register Here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/ford-city-workshop-series-diy-home-repairs-and-money-management-tickets-38055162014
All workshops include:
Snacks and coffee
Giveaways based on the topic of the workshop
Thank you to our Sponsor: Canada Mortgage & Housing Corporation
Thank you to our Partners: New Beginnings, Dulux Paint, Home Depot, WFCU Credit Union, Ford City Financial, Financial Fitness, as well as Motor City Community Credit Union
Thank you to our Funder: United Way Centraide Windsor-Essex
Hosted by: Ford City Residents in Action and the Ford City Neighbourhood Renewal